IOP for Adolescents
New Dimensions’ IOP for Teenagers Can Help!
The teenage years can be challenging. Teens often experience unique stressors, including hormonal changes, peer pressures, developmental challenges, school pressures, and family expectations. While most teenagers are able to adequately navigate these stressors, there are times when a teenager may begin to struggle. Some teens experience depression, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, anger, school problems, and intense family conflict. When this occurs, therapy can help. Therapy can help teenagers develop the tools they need to overcome the stressors that they face and then develop healthier coping mechanisms. For most teenagers, individual and/or family therapy is enough to help them navigate the difficult times in their lives. There are times, however, where your teen may need more help. This is where an IOP for Adolescents helps.
An IOP for Adolescents is often helpful when:
- Weekly individual therapy is not enough.
- Your teenager is unable to effectively communicate with you.
- Your teenager is becoming increasingly angry and defiant.
- Your teenager needs more intensive treatment.
- Your teenager needs more support.
- Your teenager needs active medication management.
- Your teenager is beginning to have panic attacks or social anxiety.
- Your teenager is becoming increasingly isolated and depressed.
- Your teenager is struggling with suicidal thoughts.
- Your teenager is having difficulty functioning at home or school.
The IOP for teenagers at New Dimensions is 5 days per week for approximately 3 hours per day. The program is designed to help teenagers work through their feelings and develop better coping skills. The program also has a strong family component which allows them to develop better communication skills and decrease the overall conflicts within the family. On average, most teenagers attend the program for about 30 days, but this may vary based on your teen’s individual circumstances. While in the program, your teenager will work with both therapists and a psychiatrist.
To learn more about our IOP for Adolescents or to schedule an assessment, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
09 May, 2021